Special Educational Needs at St Louis
At St Louis, we are committed to offering children with Special Educational Needs and disabilities (SEND) access to a broad, balanced and relevant education, including the Early Years Foundation Stage and the National Curriculum by:
- Ensuring all pupils have quality first teaching
- Working with outside agencies to ensure best practice when assessing needs and devising interventions
- Liaising with parents to ensure children’s needs are identified and met as early as possible
- Ensuring interventions for pupils are reviewed regularly to assess impact and that there is careful monitoring and assessment of pupils’ progress
- Ensuring that parents’ and pupils’ views are at the forefront in the process to raising standards of pupils with SEND
The SEND Coordinator (SENCO) is Miss Hayward and she has the responsibility for all SEND pupils. Please contact your child's class teacher if you have any concerns regarding your child who will be happy to discuss your concerns with you. If you would like to discuss your child's needs in more detail with the SENCO then please email Miss Hayward, SENCO@sl.thedcet.com.
The documentation and web-links below are intended to offer parents and carers information regarding how we support children with SEND at St Louis.